Are your looking for your primary footage source and can’t decide if iStock fits your creative needs and budget? We hope this short iStock review will help you come into a decision. Previously known as iStockphoto, the stock site is one of the top agencies in the microstock industry. They are famous for their high quality collections, as well as their exclusive stock content.
With over 15 years of business experience, they are one of the most valuable sources to buy affordable stock footages. They are also backed by the renowned Getty Images, making them more reliable. If you are planning to buy great and unique stock footages, iStock is the place to go. You can sign up for free to get access to their varied libraries.
Here’s what you need to know about iStock:
- It has millions of stock footage in various styles and themes.
- Two collections are available at your disposal: Essentials for low-cost shots and Signature for high quality, exclusive videos.
- Various video resolutions are also available – both in HD and 4K.
- Royalty-free license is included in your purchase, giving you multiple perpetual usage rights for a one-time fee.
- A la carte buying is available with iStock credits, which never expire.
- You can pay for your purchases using your credit card or PayPal.
- It has a highly searchable library, with advanced filters and keyword search engine.
- The stock site displays the most popular and best quality content to help you discover amazing footage.
iStock also has some drawbacks. No subscriptions are available for stock footage. You have to buy videos a la carte with credits. They also have a complicated buying process. You need to choose a credit pack, pay for it, and use them to buy videos. Lastly, they have a very expensive Extended License. You need to buy a separate license for high visibility projects.
iStock has considerable benefits that surpass the little disadvantages. That’s why we feel that it is a great option to buy stock footage. If you are looking for exclusive content, this is the place to go.